- What we do
- Online Consultation
We are the market leader in the UK for online consultation. We are running over 120 online consultations across the UK and globally, engaging over 20,000 people in the planning process.
Our system, Open Debate, makes community and stakeholder engagement more accessible, interactive and auditable – it ultimately helps to make consultation best practice. The system currently helps a range of businesses – including energy companies, house builders, property developers, contractors, leisure companies, public sector organizations and planning bodies – to engage with more people than the ‘traditional’ methods typically do, reaching those who wouldn’t normally take part in consultation.
Our award-winning online consultation system, Open Debate, enables you to:
- Invite comment/feedback from the public and stakeholders via an interactive website
- Manage multiple consultations from one central system
- Respond to questions and comments, and store your responses
- Identify key themes or issues regarding your project
- Add contact details of and feedback from people you engage with ‘offline’ (e.g. exhibition attendees, stakeholders, local government, media, interest groups)
- Update website content, including documents for download and images
- Keep a contact log (e.g. emails, letters, meetings), set yourself reminders
- Keep an email inbox, create mailing lists, notify interested parties of news and events
- View consultation questionnaire results, filter by online/offline contacts, key postcode areas etc
- Generate instant reports on consultation in Word and Excel at the click of a button, filter by online/offline contact, key postcode areas, report on key issues
- Maintain a full, secure audit trail of all communication
Open Debate is a bespoke web-based system, not off-the-shelf software, so it can be tailored to your requirements and evolved in line with consultation best practice. It can be used with a front-end website to capture comment online, or just purely as a back-end management system.
Given the nature of the projects we specialise in, we appreciate the value of consultation data and as such we treat data security with extreme importance. We operate a clustered server set up and back up data every hour and every day.
Effectively presenting information online and inviting local people to register and comment, means that consultation becomes a simple and interactive process, and that all data is fully secure, auditable and can be reported on. We use search engine optimisation and marketing, social media tools and digital PR to help drive people to our online consultations.
Visit our Open Debate website to find out more, or contact us if you would like a demonstration of Open Debate either online or in person.
New Services & Features
Using our Online Enquiry System.
Find out more